Solution – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate Error”
Do you see a page with the error “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate” when you try to open a website in Windows Internet Explorer (ie11, ie10, ie9, ie8, ie7 | Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012) ?
Do not worry! P&T is here, and here is how to fix the internet explorer certificate issue in ie11 & ie10 ! This information is for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server Operating Systems. Also is for Microsoft Internet Explorer web browsers like internet explorer 11, 10, 9, ie11, ie10, ie9, ie8 and etc. If you see the error message all of sudden, try the following method. It is really simple to fix. Even you can do it 😀 Let’s go ahead and fix this problem! Don’t worry. This isn’t virus or spyware problem.
How to Fix ? – Correct your computer’s date and time ! This error message displays when your computer’s date & time are wrong.
1. No matter what Microsoft Windows you have, if you see the bottom right of your screen, you will see Windows time and date. Click once, and you will see something like above picture.
2. Click “Change date and time settings …” and you will see something like the picture above. Now, please click “Change date and time”. If you can’t change the date and time settings due to the permission problem, then please login using an administrator account first. 🙂
3. Here you can change Windows date and time. Just select the right date and enter the right time.
4. Done! Try to open Internet Explorer(ie11, ie10, ie9, ie8 or ie7) and visit the website that showed the certificate error. Now, you will see no more “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate” Your internet browser will work again 😀 😀 😀
Still not working ? My computer does not keep the current date time after a restart or re-boot ! What can I do ?
1. Your computer keeps the current date and time with a small battery on motherboard. The computer has a small rechargeable battery on motherboard, and the battery provides power to calculate the current date and time when your computer is not turned on. If the battery is dead, then your computer won’t keep the current date and time, and therefore your will keep see the “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate” error message. In this case, you will need to change the rechargeable battery on the montherboard.
P&T is hoping that everyone fixed the “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate” problem in ie web browser. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂